Known for its beautiful tea ceremonies, harmonious design and delicious food, everything Japan produces is an eyeful, filled with unique flavours and designed to perfection. So why wouldn’t you want to send a Japanese inspired gift box? Add these items to your gift box to ensure that the receiver gets the best of what Japan has to offer.
- Cultivate & Eat: Wasabina – For a friend with green fingers, add this all-in-one wasabi kit to your Japanese inspired gift box. The kit includes potting mix, seeds and instructions to making it simple to assemble and grow.
- Akatsuki Tea – Tea and tea ceremonies are an integral part of Japanese culture, so this Northern Japan Sayama green tea is an excellent introduction to this fascinating part of the country.
- The Little Book of Ikigai – Through embracing harmony, sustainability and finding joy in little thing, Ken Mogi’s handbook is an awesome Japanese guide finding your purpose. The perfect gift for anyone looking to lead a beautifully balanced life in Japan and beyond.
- Green Organic Cotton Face Towel – From the brand Nawrap, which has been around since 1930, this multi-purpose organic cotton face towel is perfect for cleaning away dirt and oil. It is also made with no dyes or chemicals making it soft to the touch.
There’s no better way to say ‘I love you’ or ‘thank you’ than with an indulgent French gift box! From luxurious skincare products to tasty delicacies, the French truly know how to spoil themselves. Add a few of these awesome handcrafted, traditional and delicious items to a French-inspired gift box to ensure that the receiver is spoiled too.
- ‘Bursting Bubbles’ by Robert Walters – There’s nothing more French than champagne, so why not add Robert Walters’ ‘Bursting Bubbles’ to this gift box? This book uncovers the artisanal growers who are rewriting the rulebook of this famous region of France.
- Pâtes de Fruits – A French staple are these Pâtes de Fruits. Made by Cruzilles according to the traditional Auvergne recipe, these fruit jellies are the perfect gift for foodies who loves timeless French cookery.
- Balm Violette – From the iconic, French family-run brand, Féret Parfumeur, comes this multi-purpose balm. The 100% natural formula can be used for the face, lips and body for intensive hydration.
- Mini Bear Tin Amandas – Take crunchy and chewy almond nougat and dip it into smooth dark chocolate to create this quintessential French treat. Plus, it is presented in an adorable Mazet Confiseur’s bear tin.
Skip the usual salty liquorice, vodka and cloudberry jam that you can pick up at every souvenir shop, and opt for a gift box of handpicked Swedish products. From Swedish brands like Teministeriet, Älska and L:A Bruket, here are a few items you should consider adding:
- White Elderflower Champagne Tea – Packaged in a Teministeriet’s trademark jar, this lightly infused tea is a blend of white tea, elderflower, peach, and, for indulgence, champagne.
- Eucalyptus Candle – Both stylish and practical is this eucalyptus oil-infused candle. Known for its stress-relieving properties and is perfect for someone who has started a new job or moved to a new country.
- Copper Clip Spoon – The perfect addition to a housewarming, Swedish inspired gift box, is this copper clip spoon. Both beautiful to look at and functional, it can be used as a measuring tool at your home bar, or for ground coffee and tea leaves.
- Lemongrass Ginger Organic Supertea – A blend of lemongrass and ginger – both organically sourced in Sweden – this tea is simple yet delicious. You could pair this with traditional Swedish Pepparkakor (cookies).
Known for its fresh produce, quaint family-run businesses and exceptional artisanship, England is the perfect place to inspire a gift box. From brands like Savon Stories, Earl of East and Rococo Chocolates, you’re sure to find items to suit anyone needs perfectly.
- Only By Night Lotion Melt – Handmade by the award-winning organic skincare brand Savon Stories, this waterless solid lotion is highly moisturising, absorbs rapidly and sleep-enhancing. Perfect for snowy, English winters when the skin is usually dry.
- Atlas Cedar 170ml Candle – Inspired by the Berber villages of Marrakesh, this candle made with a combination of cedarwood, white musk and olive leaf. Made by Earl of East – a brand that is inspired by travel, but made in London.
- Ling Heather Honey – Sourced from beehives on the Long Mynd in Shropshire, this honey from London Honey Co. is thick and has am aromatic, rich flavour. Add a touch to a cup of tea for a delicious taste.
- Gin & Tonic Dark Chocolate – Made by Coco Chocolatier, this handmade chocolate bar is a unique creation with botanicals including lemon and lime oil. Who wouldn’t love single origin dark chocolate with a subtle citrus flavour and fresh zing of juniper?
Known for its handcrafted decor, indulgent skincare and stunning ancient architecture, Turkey is truly a place of beauty. Give a friend, loved one or colleague a taste of this exotic place with a gift box inspired by this detail orientated, wonderful country. Here are a few items to add to this gift box:
- Apricot Kernel Oil Handmade Natural Soap – Give the gift of the scent of Turkey with these handmade natural soaps. Made in the heart of Istanbul by Koku (which means scent in Turkish), this fragrant soap is subtly sweet as it is made of apricot kernel oil.
- Small Tray – Send a loved one a little piece of home with this classically designed tray created by one of Turkey’s foremost creators, GRØN. Both elegant and practical, it is the perfect item to place trinkets, pot plants and candles on.
- Activated Charcoal and Goats Milk Handmade Soap – Another handmade creation from Koku, this soap will take you back to the time of Agatha Christie and Ottoman largesse. Made with activated charcoal and goats milk, it is both soothing and removes dirt.
- Hand Painted Coasters – Marble – Add these Turkish designed and hand painted concrete coasters to a gift box. Naturally durable, these coasters are great for adding some colour to any coffee table.
From brands like Hatziyiannakis and Biscotti Tsoungari, fill a gift box with a variety of delicious Greek delicacies. The receiver of this Greek-inspired gift box will immediately be transported to the Acropolis of Athens, the Parthenon or the white sandy beaches of Elafonisi through tastes from Greece.
- Ios Sweet Cherry Pebble – From Hatziyiannakis, a brand devoted to quality, these sweet chocolate pebbles are inspired by the island of Ios – a hilly island with cliffs down to the sea. Made of whole, locally grown cherries in amarena syrup which are then coated in dark chocolate and finished in a sugar shell, they are truly indulgent.
- Honey Biscuits with Sesame – Made in Greece using honey from Thessaloniki, these biscuits with sesame are both wonderfully crunchy and nutty.
- Skyros Sweet Walnut Pebble – With walnuts from the island of Skyros that have been dipped in dark chocolate and covered in a thin sugar shell, these sweet pebbles are absolutely mouthwatering.
- Greco’ Large Paper Vase – Designed by the brand Octaevo is this skilfully crafted, completely waterproof paper vase. This particular vase is inspired by the labyrinths of Greek mythology.
From Siena to Sicily, get inspired by the tradition, culture and delicacies of Italy. Fill this gift box with Italian treats from brands like Amarelli and Sabadi, as well as a few things for the receiver’s home. Check out some items:
- Dark Chocolate Liquorice Bar – Italian liquorice experts Liquirizia Amarelli have taken the aniseed flavour of liquorice and truly enhanced it with the sweet taste of chocolate.
- Siena’ Set of 12 Coasters – Designed by a group of explorers, collectors and dreamers, the brand Octaevo has created these 12 beautiful coasters inspired by the sunsets of Siena. Each coaster has a double-sided design of bold geometrics with gold foil accents.
- Grapefruit and Marjoram Organic Candies – Made using orange blossom from Sicilian black honeybees, these hard sweets are indeed a treat. To help balance the sweetness and give a wonderfully rounded flavour, grapefruit and marjoram are added. Plus it is both gluten-free and vegan!
- Sassolini Liquorice Pebbles – For a moreish bite, add these liquorice pebbles to your Italian inspired gift box. Amarelli’s rich Italian liquorice is coated in a fine sugar shell and decorated to match the colours of Calabria.
Keep it local with these gift boxes inspired by countries all over the world. Perfect for a ‘welcome’, ‘thank you’ or ‘miss you’ gift, we hope that a few of our favourite items make it into your gift box.